Big Hearts Throughout the Year
Big Hearts of Fox Valley offers a way to help families who may be experiencing a financial hardship and are having trouble providing basic items for their children who attend a D303 school throughout the school year. This program is intended to help children in need in our early childhood center through 12th grade during the school year.
D303 staff and other local agencies help us to identify families who may be experiencing any of the following factors that impact the parents’ ability to provide much needed items for their children.
Partner with us by making a donation
Can you make a financial donation?
Can you help us to brighten the lives of children needing basic items but their families can’t afford them?
Your monetary donations allow us to go out and buy specific items when a request from a D303 social worker comes in. They may need clothing, gas cards, grocery store cards, masks, food, under garments that we may not have in inventory.
Can you donate goods?
Your donation of basic toiletry items allow us to easily distribute items as the request comes in. We are always accepting these NEW-FULL SIZE items.
- Toiletries-shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hand sanitizer, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, nail clippers, lotion, razors, feminine needs, etc.
- School Supplies– new backpacks, folders, paper, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Misc.-laundry detergent, gift cards to laundry mats, grocery store gift cards, etc.
Items can be dropped off Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm at Excel Automotive Repair (right next door the Big Hearts), 1207 Foundry Street, St. Charles
Parents & Guardians in Need:
If you have a child enrolled in D303 and are experiencing financial hardship which prevents you from providing necessities for your children, please reach out to your school social worker. They will determine if you qualify and reach out to us.
- You must have at least 1 child enrolled in School District 303.
- You must be experiencing a financial hardship which makes buying necessities for your children difficult.
- Children receiving items must be 18 and under living with you within the boundaries of D303.